Terms & Conditions
Click here to print
Your use of Selectamark's Secure Asset Register (the "Register"), available from, https://www.secureassetregister.com/en/ (the "Website") is governed by these terms and conditions (the "Terms and Conditions"). These Terms and Conditions should be read alongside, and are in addition to, our Privacy Notice https://www.secureassetregister.com/en/privacy. Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully and print a copy for your future reference. By using the Register and/or the Website, you agree that you have read, understood and agree to these Terms and Conditions and the Privacy Notice (as amended from time to time). If a user does not accept these Terms and Conditions they should exit the Website immediately and should not create an account with the Register.
Selectamark may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions to comply with law or to meet our changing business requirements without notice. Any updates or amendments will be posted on the Website. It is up to you to regularly review the Terms and Conditions in case there are any changes. By continuing to access the Website and/or to use the Register you agree to be bound by the terms of these updates and amendments.
- About us
- 1.1 Selectamark Security Systems plc (referred to in these Terms and Conditions as "Selectamark", "we", or "us") is a company registered in England and Wales, whose registered number is 010242801 and whose registered address is at 1 Locks Court, 429 Crofton Road, Locksbottom, Kent, BR6 8NL U.K. Our VAT number is GB 512 8043 77.
- 1.2 Should you have any questions about these Terms and Conditions or wish to contact us for any reason whatsoever, please use the contact details set out below:
- Post: 1 Locks Court, 429 Crofton Road, Locksbottom, Kent, BR6 8NL U.K.
- Email: [email protected]
- Your use of the Register and/or the Website
- 2.1 The Websites are not intended for children. By using the Website and/or the Register, you confirm that you are aged 18 or over or that you are using the Website and/or the Register with the consent and under the supervision of a parent or guardian.
- 2.2 You agree to use the Website and/or the Register only for lawful purposes and in a way which does not infringe the rights of any anyone else or restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of the Website and/or the Register.
- 2.3 You are responsible for the accuracy of the information contained in the Register and we will not be responsible, or liable to you or any third party for any inaccuracies. We have provided an administration service ('Your Account') where you can review your personal information at any time to ensure it is correct and current. You will be able to update, correct, change or delete inaccurate details. If you do not have access to a computer you may contact us at the address below to request that your details be updated, corrected or deleted.
- 2.4 You are permitted to download and print content from the Website and/or the Register solely for your own internal business purposes and/or personal use. Website and/or the Register content must not be copied or reproduced, used or otherwise dealt with for any other reason. You are not entitled to modify or redistribute the content of this Website and/or the Register or reproduce, link, frame or deep-link it on any other website without our express written permission. You are not entitled to use the content of the Website and/or the Register for commercial exploitation in any circumstances.
- Intellectual property rights
- 3.1 As between you and us, we own all present and future copyright, registered and unregistered trade marks, design rights, unregistered designs, database rights and all other present and future intellectual property rights and rights in the nature of intellectual property rights existing in or in relation to the Website and/or the Register ("IPR"). Selectamark owned material on these websites including text and images, may not be printed, copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, posted, displayed, modified, reused, broadcast or transmitted in any way, except for the user's own personal non-commercial use. Permission for any other type of use must be obtained from Selectamark .
- 3.2 If any IPR vests in you, whether by operation of law or otherwise, you hereby assign to us all right, title and interest (whether legal or beneficial) in such IPR throughout the world absolutely to the fullest extent possible, including any and all renewals and extensions of such IPR. You unconditionally and irrevocably waive any and all moral rights you may have either now or in the future existing in or in relation to the Website and/or the Register.
- 3.3 You agree to execute and do all such deeds, documents, acts and things as we may reasonably require in order to assign any IPR to us, to carry out the intended purpose of these Terms and Conditions, or to establish, perfect, preserve or enforce our rights under these Terms and Conditions.
- Our liability to you
- 4.1 While Selectamark tries hard to ensure that the Website and/or the Register are functioning correctly and are as accurate as possible, this will not always be achievable and therefore the following disclaimer applies.
- 4.2 The Website and/or the Register are provided "as is" without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, compatibility, non-infringement, accuracy and security. Selectamark does not guarantee or represent that the content and/or facilities available or accessible via the Website and/or the Register will always be accurate, complete or current or that access to the Website and/or the Register will be uninterrupted. We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on the Website and/or the Register without notice.
- 4.3 We exclude all representations, warranties, conditions and terms express or implied by statute, common law or otherwise to the fullest extent permitted by law. Selectamark accepts no liability for any special, indirect, incidental, consequential or economic loss howsoever caused arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions or from the use or inability to use the Website and/or the Register.
- 4.4 Accessing the Website and/or the Register and the downloading of material from them is done entirely at the user's own risk. We provide the content on the Website and/or in the Register in good faith but give no warranty or representation that the content is accurate, complete or up-to-date, nor that the Website and/or the Register does not infringe the rights of any third party. The user, and not Selectamark, will be entirely responsible for the use of content on the Website and/or the Register and such use is entirely at the user's risk. While we take reasonable precautions to prevent the existence of computer viruses and/or other malicious programs on the Website and/or the Register, we accept no responsibility or liability for any resulting damage to software or computer systems and/or any resulting loss of data even if Selectamark has been advised of the possibility of such damage.
- 4.5 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall limit our liability for personal injury or death.
- User IDs and passwords
- 5.1 All users and operators shall be advised of their responsibilities in relation to the security of their user ID and passwords. This shall include:
- (a) Keeping passwords confidential
- (b) Not sharing their password and user ID or access to the secure asset register with others
- (c) Not using the same password they use for other purposes (e.g. personal banking)
- (d) Changing passwords if they believe they may have been compromised and the need to advise the asset registration company
- (e) Not using automated logging-on facilities that automatically enter the user ID and/or password(s).
- (f) Not leaving equipment that is logged-on to the secure asset register unattended.
- 5.2 All users and operators shall be required to indicate their acceptance of these responsibilities before being granted access privileges and this shall be recorded by the asset registration company.
- Suspension and Termination
- 6.1 We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions through your use of the Website and/or the Register. When a breach of these Terms and Conditions has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate, including treating the failure to comply as a material breach and/or taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Website and/or the Register.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
- 6.2 We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of these Terms and Conditions. The responses described in these Terms and Conditions are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
- The Website may contain links to other websites over which Selectamark has no control. Such links are supplied solely for the convenience of users. Selectamark is not responsible for the contents or reliability of the linked websites and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them or the organisation or persons providing them in any way. Selectamark does not guarantee that these links will work all of the time and we have no control over the availability of the linked pages or any use of personal data by third party.
- Other important terms
- 8.1 If any of these Terms and Conditions are found to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, the rest of these Terms and Conditions shall remain in full force and effect.
- 8.2 Only you and we shall be entitled to enforce these Terms and Conditions. No third party shall be entitled to enforce any of these Terms and Conditions, whether by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise.
- 8.3 These Terms and Conditions set out the entire agreement between you and us and supersede any and all prior terms, conditions, warranties and/or representations to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- 8.4 These Terms and Conditions will be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. The courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any matter or dispute arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions.
- 8.5 Omission by Selectamark to exercise any right under these Terms and Conditions will not constitute a waiver of such right unless expressly stated by Selectamark in writing.
These Terms and Conditions were last updated on Monday 11 April 2011